Wednesday, June 16, 2010

OMG

If there was ever a time to use "OMG" it is now!

I just had a long distance call come in that was from the same area as our agency. I knew it wasn't from the agency b/c it would have come up with the name but since it was the same area and no name I thought it could have been our Program Manager calling from either home (They're cutting office hours) or that crazy long distance number that pushes the charges to the agency. Mind you all this thinking was all in a matter of a half a second.

It wasn't. The way I answered the phone though! Just a tad aggressively! "HELLO"

My heart is still in my throat. [head shake] I can be such a nerd sometimes.

At least I know that I'll be able to speak when the call really does come!

"HELLO" Argh. I'm so embarrassed. LOL.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha! I would have done the same thing! Sorry it got your hopes up though - that stinks. Good practice for the real thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I think I answered our call something like... "This better be it!" Swear. to. god.

    ReplyDelete