Thursday, November 18, 2010

Travel Call Details!

What a day! I feel like yesterday was a complete blur of excitement! Here's how it all went down...
At 10:01 am the phone rang & I saw our agency's name pop up. Before I could think anything I grabbed it.

Me: Hello?
Them: Hi. Is this Misty?
Me: This is her.
Them: Hi Misty this is S.
Me: Hi S! How are you?
Them: I'm great thanks. How are you?
Me: I can't breathe...IS THIS THE CALL?!
Them: Yes! Your son is ready for you!
Me: (Total. Blubbering. Mess.) I'm (cry stutter) sorry! I can't breathe.
Them: That's ok! They're happy tears! You cry, I'll talk!

Who knows what was said after that! I know I said she had the best job in the world and then thank you like...ten thousand times.

8 weeks on the nose we waited after submitting our paperwork. Our agency says it takes 8-12 weeks for a TC after submitting all of your documents but of course it felt WAY longer because we had first fell in love with him back in August. Plus, our boy had just turned 8 months old the day before yesterday and we were feeling pretty anxious to just get there already!

When I called Mike at work he came straight home and I was waiting at the door when he pulled in. We literally jumped up and down with excitement. Even Dexter (our pup) joined in. Sounds kinda sappy but it was an awesome family moment.

The rest of the day was spend calling around (ovbs) telling our family the news, filling out travel docs, Mike headed back to work, and I stubbled through the rest of the day in total shock, resisting the urge to stop everyone I saw to tell them I was going to Korea to get my son! I have a son! That I'm going to Korea to meet! No biggie. ;)

I had errands to run so Mike met me for dinner and we went for celebratory burgers, fries, and gravy. Maybe it was circumstance but it was the best veggie burger either of us has ever had. Bonus!

Kinda switching gears here but....

Over dinner we thought and talked a lot about our son's foster family. It's strange to imagine the extreme sense of happiness and excitement mixed with compassion you feel at this point. There were things that we were told about our son that only a mothers love would take note of. How his face lights up when he hears a specific song or how he moves in his sleep. These are the things I think about when I think about how she must be feeling at this point. Even when I hung up the phone after receiving the call, I thought about the phone call she would have just received or will soon receive. It's the way this machine is wired though. It's the process and we're so grateful.

We're also thinking of our son's birth mother today and praying for her peace in knowing that our boy is coming home to a family full of love, security, & encouragement.

We're so lucky. We're so happy. We're so grateful.

Before I sign off I just wanted to say a quick and heartfelt thank you to all my blogger friends, family and friends. I know you read it a lot and I just hope that it hasn't lost it's effect. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. For following along, letting us follow & share all of your adventures, and for all the amazing support and kind words of encouragement. This would have been such a lonely and scary road without all of you. Thank you.

Yowzers! We're going to get our boy!!

9 comments:

  1. Wow! WOW!!! Has it sunk in yet?!?! (I don't think it sunk in for me until I was in the van to meet my son...) I'm so thrilled for you! Now go get that boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, this is so exciting!!! When do you go??? I hope you blog from Korea! You are going to get your son!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Thanks guys! Yes- I'm not sure it's really sunk in yet. I'm comprehending it but it still seems like it's a long time away. We leave Thursday. So a week today. See?! Seems like an eternity, right? No? Just me? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...have a wonderful trip!! So happy and excited for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so wonderful. I am glad you got the call. Enjoy Korea and meeting your beautiful son.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats again on getting your travel call!!! Your timeline is so similar to ours 2 years ago!! I can't wait to follow your journey in Korea!! Just think in less than a week you will be meeting and holding your son for the very first time!!!! Happy packing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited to follow youf trip. Two years ago, we were waiting, on pins and needles, for our travel call. Now we have an adorable 2.5 year old boy, Daniel (S. Korea), running around, keeping us busy, and bringing so much joy to our lives. All the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay - I'm crying now! LOVED this post! I can totally relate to the fact that the journey really would be lonelier without the support of friends and family, even just to get a few comments on the blog! Yay for travel calls.

    ReplyDelete