Friday, November 26, 2010

We're Here!

We're here and LOVING it! The people are so lovely, the culture is so beautiful, and we've felt so welcome and embraced! Sometimes literally! :)

Our flight was uneventful, comfortable, and they fed us well! Too well! Korean Air was incredible and well exceeded our expectations. Hot towels, slippers, the whole bit. Really, really nice.

Our accomodations have all the necessary appliances and feels very homey. We feel very comfortable.

We're feeling pretty tired despite snoozing on the ride over but we did get to go out for a walk this morning for a few hours. We grabbed some bread, bananas, and other goodies at the Emart (like walm*rt). We felt super cool grocery shopping in Korea but probably looked so nerdy snapping pics of eachother holding the basket.

Something that has struck me several times in the short time we've been here? Korea is SO clean! I'm amazed by it. Like sparkling, shiny, clean. The stores, the streets, everywhere. Big, friendly, and CLEAN.

Oh! You know what else was really cool? When we first deboarded the plane we used the restroom. When I got into the stall I noticed what looked like a doorbell on the inside of the stall wall...."Hmm, what's this...should I press it?" I thought. I was on my way out so I decided to go for it. As I reached down I noticed the writing on it said "Toilet Ettiquette".....Yes, it is exactly what you think it is! A sound box that makes a bunch of noise. Like 10 toilets flushing all at once! You have to admit- that's cool! So high-tech!

I am taking lots of pics but I've not yet found wifi. Our room does have a computer though so at the very least I'll write and then overload you with pics later. I'm thinking we'll find a way before then though!

Its 12:40 pm here and rainy. It looks like we are going to lay low for the rest of the day. Watch movies, get settled, maybe hit a neighbourhood restaurant for dinner, and go to bed early. We are so tired.

Today and tomorrow we'll rest and then Monday, we meet our boy! Our sweet little, beautiful boy. We're closer than ever!

7 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo!!! Sounds absolutely amazing! Like a dream really....So glad your trip got off to a fabulous start:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dina! Thanks Brooke! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Seoul! I know you will enjoy your trip! Can't wait to see photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seoul IS amazing! Enjoy all of the sightseeing and of course the food! Monday is soo close! Glad to hear that your trip went well. The moment that you have been waiting for is almost here!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! Sounds like the trip of a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo excited for you! Enjoy every single moment!!! Can't wait to see pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YIPPPEEEE!!! You are there!!!

    And, THAT'S what that button does?! Now I know!

    ReplyDelete