Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Life: An Update

Life continues to be great since coming home with our sweet boy. He is adjusting quite well and although sleep is still a bit of an issue, we're getting the hang of things little by little. Chully is still in the pack and play next to our bed and we haven't ventured moving him any where away from us just yet but as I said, no biggie. It is amazing to sit back each night and list the noticeable ways we bonded that particular day. How did I ever not know this little person? You guys were right, I forget a life without him.

We are really looking forward to Christmas this year. Last year I fantasized that it would be our last Christmas as a family of two but I also kinda felt like it might be a little bit of wishful thinking. We have so much to be thankful for this year and I plan on spending every moment watching my boy soak in all of the magic that the holidays hold. Remember when Christmas was magical? I had forgotten all about it. I remember when my parents would tell my sister and I that if we listened we could hear Santa and his reindeer on the roof. We always did and would rush to our beds to pretend to sleep. They always said "If you aren't asleep Santa won't stop" The lies! ;) One year my parents wrapped all the gifts before Christmas Eve and put them under the tree and my sister and I opened every one. Could you imagine?! Who does that?!

Chully continues to eat really well. A new fav is pastina. I blended a homemade veggie packed sauce to go along with the tiny bits of pasta and he couldn't get it in him fast enough. Is there a better feeling than watching your kids eat well? Well, besides, them falling asleep on you, giving you a sloppy baby kiss, holding your hand, bundling them up in your arms after a bath, seeing their smile first thing in the morning....ok, ok, the list goes on and on and on. Cheesy, I know. What can I say, I'm a sleep deprived, insanely happy, and totally in love new mom. It rocks.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, so sweet!!! And so true about Chrismas being magical! I fell in love with it all over again when I had kids because they get sooo excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you! I remember our conversations from last Christmas so vividly. Now here we are both with our babies a year later. Wow. Life IS good. Very good!

    ReplyDelete